Wart Removal in Monroe, LA
The human papillomavirus, or HPV, may cause abnormal growths on the skin known as “warts.” Warts are mostly harmless, but they can be spread to other people, so you may want to consider having the wart removed. Dr. Janine Hopkins, M.D., F.A.A.D., board-certified dermatologist, offers wart removal for men and women in Monroe, Shreveport, the Ark-La-Miss and the surrounding areas of Northeast Louisiana.
What Are Warts?
Human papillomavirus, or HPV, has emerged as a popular topic in the media. What many people do not know, however, is that some types of HPV cause warts. The virus triggers an accelerated development of cells in the skin, and while people typically have warts on their hands and fingers, these growths can develop anywhere. Warts may be contagious, but they are also a cosmetic concern for men and women.
What Are the Benefits of Wart Removal?
Removing a wart may be something to consider if you are concerned with how the wart looks or if you want to prevent spreading warts to others. Many over-the-counter products exist to treat warts, but your best option is to have the wart removed by a board-certified dermatologist.
How Do I Know If I Have Warts?
There are several varieties of warts.
- Flat warts most often occur in children and teenagers. They have a smooth, flat appearance and typically develop on the face. Females tend to develop flat warts on their legs.
- Plantar warts are light brown or flesh colored growths that have visible blood vessels that look like little black dots. This type of wart only occurs on the bottoms of the feet.
- Genital warts are pinkish, red, or flash colored and develop In the genital area. They are not painful, but the small clusters may bleed and itch.
What Should I Expect from Wart Removal?
Dr. Hopkins uses several techniques for wart removal treatments.
- Medications that are injected into the growth to kill the virus
- Laser treatment to destroy the wart
- Surgery to cut the wart away from the surrounding healthy skin
- Medications that are applied to the wart
- Freezing that causes the wart to fall away from the skin
How Much Does Wart Removal Cost in Monroe, LA?
The cost of wart removal depends on the nature of the wart, treatment area, and other factors. We will discuss pricing at the time of your appointment.
Be Healthy, Be Beautiful. Contact Hopkins Dermatology Today.
If you have a wart, the condition can be treated by Dr. Janine Hopkins, M.D., F.A.A.D., board-certified dermatologist of Hopkins Dermatology, serving men and women in Monroe, Shreveport, the Ark-La-Miss and the surrounding areas of Northeast Louisiana. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.